25 Before 25 | Make your own kind of Music
There’s this one small thing I have to do before this Sunday ends; 3.5 years ago I wrote a list of things I wanted to achieve and experience. And it was then when I promised myself that I will be spending the next two hours reliving my experiences.
Most of my friends are aware that I have themes for each year, it’s the jazzy version of a vision. My themes for previous years:
2012: Don’t settle for anything less. Period
2013: Make life an offer that even life cannot refuse. Read more: 2013
2014: Attitude and Fortitude to make the impossible, nothing! Read more: 2014
These past 5 years have been an amazing journey for me; of course, there were both good times and bad times but I always felt content of who I was at the end of every year.
Following are the 25 things I wanted to do before I was 25: (these were written in April 2011)
1. Visit 25 Countries before I am 25.
I did 21 Countries (but I have been to China – Twice, Hong Kong – Thrice, Malaysia – Gazillion times) So I guess, it’s a GREEN.
2. Visit Egypt, Indonesia, Japan, Brazil, Colombia & Nepal.
Egypt, Indonesia, Japan — Done | Brazil, Colombia and Nepal — To be continued 😉 — Amber
3. Walk on the streets of NYC and SING..”When your in NEW YORK” after getting super drunk at a cheap bar
Fail (I never visited NYC) – RED
4. Go to South Carolina and play on the River Court of One Tree Hill Or Meet anyone ONE TREE HILL Character.
Fail (I never did go to the US) – RED
5. Trend a Topic On Twitter.
Done. #BigLilCity 😉 – GREEN
6. Appear live on Radio or Television.
Done. Big 92.3 FM, Baroda, 2012. — GREEN
7. Have a draft of my first novel/book ready. May be published?
Done. You might wanna buy it from Amazon 😉 – The Creed of Julian Dalbert | 2nd book in progress. — GREEN.
8. Have two degrees/diplomas and be enrolled for the Third.
Well, I have one degree now. Technically, I’m also enrolled to a Masters in Mass Communications and Journalism 😛 — Amber.
9. Have Read over 150 Novels/Books since 2010.
I think I’m on 139th of something; I really do not have an exact track — Amber
10. Contributed to at least three different social causes.
Done. Child Rights (Worked for Smile Foundation), Peace (volunteered for Aman Ki Asha), Women Sexual Empowerment (An Anthology coming soon) — GREEN
11. Still be best friends with Ayushee Mishra.
I guess, I’m 😉 — GREEN
12. Learn at least one Foreign language.
Fail. I do know some Chinese words? XiaXia ? No. — RED
13. Take my parents on a trip abroad or Call them to wherever I am | Make parents proud of who I am today.
They will always be proud of who I’m. — GREEN
14. Have a project in the market of my own. Can be a fully owned website (blog) or an app or anything.
I have four blogs, one website, one book on Amazon, few blackberry themes with 100k downloads — GREEN baby!
15.<Encrypted> (some wishes cannot be public, you see)
Ssshh. Let’s quietly mark it, Amber.
16.After a special Success, Get Drunk, Get Wet and Dance on the song “Stand up for the Champions”with my special people.
Done. Like many times! — GREEN
17. Have had Worked for at least two amazing companies.
Done. ONGC, Electrolux — GREEN
18. Play full 18 holes of a Golf Course with Dad. Possibly hit a birdie
I was freaking ambitious back then wasn’t I? — RED
19. Have had achieved all levels of Maslows Hierarchy.
GREEN (Of course Duh!)
20. Celebrate at least one festival( each year) back home. Have a amazing family time.
Holi – 2012, Holi 2013, Diwali 2013 — Check — GREEN.
21. Skydive, scubadive, Infinity pool, Bungee Jumping, Submarine ride, a one day trek, learn how to drive a car, Hot air balloon. Do at least ( 5/9)
Hot air balloon, Infinity Pool, Bungee Jumping, One day trek — Check. Others, to be continued! — Amber.
(Yes, I do not know how to drive a car)
22. Attend Ocktober Fest or Sunburn or A Halloween Parade or The Famous Brazilian Parade.
Fail. But I did attend ZoukOut (similar to SunBurn) –to be continued — RED
23. Go on a crazy road trip with friends and Go to Wagah Border (and Golden temple)
Done. Road Trip to Amritsar, Roadtrip in Malaysia. — GREEN.
24. Get hair cuts in Random countries.
Done. Egypt, Cambodia, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia. — GREEN.
25. Stand at one of my favorite places in the world and read this list on 17th March 2014. Mark it Red, Yellow, Green
Sitting can? It was a long list. Yes, I’m at one of my favorite places in the world, Bishan Park (Singapore). — GREEN
Clearly, my past 3 years didn’t really work out as I thought they would (most of it did right?) but you know what, it’s doesn’t matter anymore. I perhaps did 25 things which I never thought I would do, I perhaps experienced many more awe-inspiring experiences that I could have never thought of.
I think it’s amazing to plan and experience how your life unfolds (and I will soon be writing by 30 before 30) but it’s also important to understand whatever happens we must learn to enjoy.
I know next five years might bring some real though times but I guess I’m ready because I have the attitude and fortitude to make any impossible, nothing
You gotta make your own kind of music 😉
You can read the raw text written years ago here: 25 Things before I’m 25 (you would need a password)